Who We’ve Helped and HOW!
Mina’s Special Day
Mina is a very special friend of ours. She’s an 8 year old girl from Prospect Park. Mina’s little brother is named Vincent. Vincent is the man, but he has a tough battle. At 4 months, Vincent was diagnosed with a very serious form of Cancer. Mina has been an unbelievable big sister. But, when we talked with Mina’s parents, we learned that she doesn’t get a lot of time for normal 8 year old stuff. So on Saturday, we gave Mina, the ultimate 8 year old day.
- Limo Pick Up
- Police Escort
- Trip to NYC
- American Girl Shopping Spree with 2 girlfriends
- Stage Front seats to Aladdin
- Dinner at a Fancy Place that Covers everything in Chocolate.
Molly’s Beach Trip
Molly is a 4 year old from Aston. In 2018 Molly was diagnosed with Wilms Tumor. She battled through for seven months, and it seems like she is starting to do A LOT better. While Molly was in treatment, she constantly talked about getting to the beach. So we figured, how better to spend her healthy memorial day, than to send her to her favorite spot.
A convoy of local police departments, and fire departments picked Molly up and escorted her over the bridge toward Jersey. It was a site to see. Molly’s family was in a limo with her, and they enjoyed an unbelievable week in Cape May (their favorite spot). Accommodations were covered by The Delco Group. As news spread of Molly’s story, members of the Cape May community reached out. They wanted to be involved. The Cape May Fire Department, an Alpaca farm, multiple restaurants, and more. She was treated like a queen, and she deserved it.
Christmas in July
This July 24th, The Delco Group (and our lovely wives and children) set out on our mission for Christmas in July (Thanks to all of you). We started by meeting our friends at Sassy Massey Toy Drive, and from there our convoys went our separate ways.
Stop 1 – We met our Dear Friend Lily Walker – Lily is a brave teenage girl that is fighting a battle no teenage girl should have to fight. We stopped by Lily’s house and there was a HUGE crowd of her family and friends. We were able to do some special things for Lily including:
- A trip for her and her family to Kalahari Waterpark
- A few specialized videos from Mattise Thybulle (Sixers rookie) and Coach Jay Wright (Nova Bball)
- Sixers Gear
- Nova Gear
- Tickets to a Nova Game
- Tickets to a Sixers Game (Courtesy of Mattise)
- A special night out with her and her friends (courtesy of Joseph Anthony Spa)
- and more.
Stop 2 – We stopped to meet The Monaghan family. Patrick Monoghan, was born with DeGeorges Syndrome. He’s a 7 year-old kid, that doesn’t get to live the normal life of a 7 year-old kid. His parents, Patrick and Becky, are with him all the time. Becky stays home to care for Patrick every day, and Pat works three jobs. His brother Liam is his best bud. We were able to provide the following:
- A special trip for Pat and Becky, complete with Babysitter, and we covered Pat’s Bartending shift at Monaghan’s Pub (Raising over 2k)
- A stair lift for Patrick to get up and down the steps (Donated by Larry and Brian Patterson, and installed by Aspen Construction)
- Toys for Liam
- Ipad for Patrick
- A Full one years supply of Milkshakes from Zac’s Hamburgers (because getting milkshakes is Patrick and Liam’s favorite thing to do)
- And more..
Stop 3 – Jett Hall! Jett was our youngest XMas in July recipient. Jett is a one year old, that was dealing with some serious heart issues this year. He spent months in the hospital. Jett loves trucks and his older brother and sister. We were able to provide Jett…
- His own customized Jeep (power wheels type)
- Family passes to Diggerland for the year
- A night out for Jett’s Mom and Dad
- Some special toys for Jett, his brother, and his sister.
- A free one year pass to the Prospect Park swim club for the entire family – Donated by Prospect Park S.C.
Stop 4 – Brynlee Lawlar – Brynlee has been in and out of the hospital for over 300 days in her battle with cancer. She’s only 7 YEARS old! Brynlee loves Art, loves to swim, and just wanted to be around her friends more. So…
- We threw a surprise party for Brynlee. Bette’s Fun Center in Aston donated the entire place to her.
- Limo Ride to the party
- Art supplies beyond Art Supplies!
- A free one year membership to Prospect Park S.C – Donated by Prospect Park S.C.
- A night out for Lisa- Brynlee’s mom Donated by TECA and Joseph Anthony Salon and Spa
- and more!
Stop 5 – Our final stop of the evening was to Chester High School. The Chester Football Coaching staff gave us the name of 5 individuals. All of 5 of these young people (4 players and a team manager) have suffered the loss of their mother, and some the loss of both parents. Our group stopped by the Chester Football Locker room and provided each kid with a bag full of gear and equipment to get them ready for the upcoming season.
Jayda’s day at The Play
Earlier this year, Jayda and her family watched one of our videos, where we were able to help a young girl go on a special trip. Jayda and her family were touched by the video. They reached out to us, and told us that if Jayda were ever up to it, she would love to help the group with one of our causes. Shortly thereafter, a friend of Jayda’s family gave us some more information on her. How sick she has been, how much pain she has been in, and how she is currently obsessed with the show Hamilton. Jayda has wanted nothing more than to see Hamilton live and in person. This play is very expensive, and tickets are not easy to come by. Financially, it didn’t seem in the cards for Jayda’s birthday wish to come through.
On Friday night, we were able to have Jayda picked up in a limo, and taken down to the Forrest Theater to see Hamilton live and in person. She had tears in her eyes when we told her. Jayda and her family could not have been more appreciative. Her grandmother told us “You have no idea how much this means to her, more than anything.” Jayda enjoyed an unbelievable night, and most importantly, she had the chance to feel like a normal 13 year old girl for the evening.